Wednesday, July 07, 2010

a new hobby?

IMG_0486
I am in the midst of sifting through all of the photos that I took at the fair this last weekend and found a few more to share. As kitschy as the fair experience can be, we found pockets of absolute magic in places where we least expected it- my favorite being the wood working exhibition hall where we watched a model ship master, carving and assembling a wood ship- we have a "thing" for ships in our household. It was truly beautiful and inspiring to watch- I think I may have a new hobby on the horizon :)


IMG_0485
ty
IMG_0474

4 comments:

summerland cottage said...

The ship is beautiful, truly a work of art. And the quote by Gustav Stickley, not just appropriate, priceless !
Thank you for sharing

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Amazing! And, I LOVE Gustav Stickley's quote! Thanks for sharing this!

marla grace said...

i've awarded you with a blog award!
http://marlagrace.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-award.html

BajolaLluvia Handmade said...

Hi, I'm Lorena and I wanted to tell you I love your work. I put a post on my blog that talks about you, hope you like it.
A greeting.
Forgive my broken English.
http://depuntillasporelmundo.blogspot.com/2010/07/redefine-creativity-alisa-burke.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails