Monday, December 05, 2016

5 fast ways to paint a glass ornament

One my favorite things to make and give or to use in my own holiday decorating is painted glass ornaments. I have been painting glass ornaments for years- I even spent a good amount of time selling custom ornaments. And what I learned is all kinds of fast techniques that can be used to customize glass ornaments. So today I am sharing 5 fast ways to paint a glass ornament.

There are all kinds of glass and even plastic ornaments that come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
I always start with a base coat of white acrylic paint. This white base makes the layers of color that come next more vibrant.

Using text it a fun way to personalize an ornament. Use inspiring words, quotes, song lyrics or even names! 


Colorful flowers are my favorite subject matter and look great of the surface of an ornament!

3-D paint is one of my favorite ways to add embellishments to an ornament.
Messy layers of paint are a great way to create a colorful and unique holiday ornament!

Repeating simple shapes is a fast and easy way to create pattern on the surface.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u


123 HP OJ 202C Setup

Deb Palmer said...

Alisa, what kind of paint are you using? and do you put anything overtop the paint to seal it?

Unknown said...

These are so pretty! May I ask where you purchased the ornaments?? Thanks!

Stephanie said...

So pretty! Thanks for the inspiration

Anonymous said...

She used acrylic paint. U can get the ornaments from any craft store, or even Walmart. I grabbed a few plastic ones from Dollar Tree. Cool, huh?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails